+1 (410) 366-6332


In order to import your motorcycle, you will first have to obtain a letter of conformity directly from the Manufacturer. Ducati and Moto Guzzi will grant a letter directly to the owner of the vehicle for importation. Harley Davidson requires J.K. Technologies, L.L.C. to obtain the letter on the owner’s behalf. In order for us to process this request you will have to submit a copy of the bill of sale from Harley Davidson, a copy of the registration/title, and a letter authorizing J.K. Technologies, L.L.C. to request the letter as an RI/ICI.

You will then need to arrange shipment into Baltimore and have the bike cleared through U.S. Customs. The military ships its own vehicles but you will still need to have the bike cleared through Customs in Baltimore because the vehicle is non-conforming. Be certain to ship your vehicle electronic release on the bill of lading so that original paper documents are not required.

To clear U.S. Customs, you are going to have to provide the following documents:

  1. Copy of Bill of Sale or Proforma Invoice (download here)
  2. Copy of Title/Registration Documents
  3. Copy of Drivers License or Passport
  4. Limited Power of Attorney
  5. Bill of Lading
  6. Contract with J.K. Technologies, L.L.C.
  7. Manufacturers Letter
  8. – If you have a Harley, fill out the Harley Letter Request (download here)
  9. Nonconforming Document (download here)

Generally, you will be expected to pay a small Customs processing fee, 2.5% Duty, DOT Bond and EPA/Customs Bond to import the vehicle. Once your bike clears U.S. Customs, we will arrange to have the bike delivered to our facility and begin the modifications based on the Manufacturers letter. All safety and emissions systems parts necessary will be installed on the bike and a final report will be submitted to USDOT for review. USDOT then reserves the right to inspect the vehicle on our premises for up to 30 days but can issue a release letter earlier.

J.K. Technologies, L.L.C. will then provide a licensing packet to help with the registration of your vehicle in your home State. Most states require the following documents but you should contact your local DMV or MVA to ascertain if any additional information is required:

The entire process takes an average of 90-120 days. Please contact our office directly if you need any additional information.